Standing outside Live! Casino & Hotel Maryland on Tuesday, Anne Arundel County Executive Steuart Pittman, Anne Arundel Health Officer Dr. Nilesh Kalyanaraman, and partners from public and private sector entities announced distribution plans for 100,000 free at-home rapid test kits.
“With COVID cases and hospitalizations increasing and the holidays upon us, we wanted to provide residents with easy, free access to at-home rapid tests,” Pittman said. “I want to thank all of the partners who are helping us with distribution - getting these tests out into our communities will help us all celebrate the holidays safely.”
Free rapid at-home test kits will be available throughout the county in the coming days. Kits will be distributed while supplies last, with a limit of three boxes per household. Each box contains one test. Locations for distribution:
- Annapolis Exchange, 1955 Annapolis Exchange, Annapolis. Kits will be available for pickup Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:00am-11:00am. Kits will not be distributed on Friday, December 24.
- Baymeadow parking lot, 6701 Baymeadow Drive, Glen Burnie. Kits will be available for pickup Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:00am-11:00am.
- Maryland Live! Casino and Hotel, 7002 Arundel Mills Circle, Hanover. Kits will be distributed from noon – 5:00pm starting Wednesday, December 22 through Friday, December 24, while supplies last. Operations will resume on Monday, December 27, with the intention of running through Thursday, December 30. Residents can enter using the outside ramp to the event center located on the hotel side of the building.
- Westfield Annapolis, 2002 Annapolis Mall. Kits will be available beginning on Tuesday, December 21. For information on the mall’s test kit distribution, visit www.westfield.com/annapolis.
- Arundel Mills, 7000 Arundel Mills Circle, Hanover. Kits may be picked up at guest services or the mall office.
- Anne Arundel County public libraries. Kits will be distributed at all locations during operating hours.
- Anne Arundel County Fire Department (including 161 Ritchie Highway in Severna Park). Kits will be distributed from 10:00am-6:00pm starting Tuesday, December 21 through Thursday, December 23.
- Anne Arundel County Police Department (including Eastern District Police Station at 204 Pasadena Road). Kits will be distributed from 11:00am-6:00pm on Tuesday, December 21, through Thursday, December 23.
- Anne Arundel County government offices. Kits will be distributed at building security desks from noon-4:00pm on Tuesday, December 21, and 9:00am-4:00pm Wednesday, December 22 through Thursday, December 23. Locations include the Heritage Office complex (2662 Riva Road, Annapolis), county government building (1 Harry S. Truman Parkway, Annapolis) and Henry L. Hein Public Service Building (7480 Baltimore and Annapolis Boulevard, Glen Burnie).
The distribution of at-home kits comes amid rising hospitalizations and case rates across the county and the state. Recent data shows COVID hospitalizations have more than doubled in the past three weeks to nearly 100 people in advance of the year-end holiday season.
“These at-home rapid tests give everyone an additional tool to protect themselves and their families. Testing when you have symptoms, have been exposed to someone with COVID, or before you gather, decreases spread,” Anne Arundel County Health Officer Dr. Nilesh Kalyanaraman said. “As case rates and hospitalizations rise, testing, getting your first vaccine or a booster, and masking in public areas are crucial to keeping us safer over the next few months.”
For more information on where to obtain test kits, visit www.aacounty.org. For information on where to get vaccination or booster appointments, go to www.aahealth.org/covidvax.