Whether you’re looking for full- or part-time work, the Voice has multiple openings within our organization.
Position: Web Content & Marketing Coordinator
Summary: The Voice is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience in web content management, driving web traffic, tracking website numbers and stats, writing and editing for web, managing multiple social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Blogs, etc.), developing online promotions/contests and creating and orchestrating public relation/marketing campaigns. This individual, who would report to the editor, would be responsible for taking the Voice’s online presence to the next level by driving traffic to our websites while also maintaining and balancing the marriage between the print paper and website. This is a full-time position.
- Driving traffic to our websites through social media pages, SEO, the print edition of our paper and other platforms.
- Complete maintenance of the Voice’s online presence – including our websites and social media pages.
- Responsible for uploading each edition of the Voice to accompanying website.
- Responsible for consistently updating and rearranging content on website to keep everything looking as fresh and current as possible
- Responsible for creating web-based photo galleries of significant community events (i.e. SP July 4th Parade, PBA Crab Feast, proms/homecomings, etc.)
- Responsible for uploading videos to web
- Responsible for working closely with sales staff to monetize website
- Responsible for managing and updating web calendar
- Responsible for assuring web content is archived properly
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent look and feel throughout all websites
- Responsible for updating our social media pages on a daily basis
- Responsible for promoting Voice websites through social media pages (i.e. posting links to stories, photo galleries, etc.)
- Responsible for posting catchy, attention-grabbing status updates/tweets
- Responsible for taking our social media pages to the next level by exploring additional sites like LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, Hootsuite, etc.
- Responsible for coordinating promotions on a routine basis within each community we serve – creating and coming up with contests/giveaways that support our current advertisers and ultimately help draw attention to the Voice paper and websites.
- Handle all sponsorships/partnerships with community groups and events
- Preferred candidate will have strong, well-rounded news reporting/writing experience with a demonstrated ability to write for print, web and social media platforms.
- Enthusiastic, “can-do” attitude. Candidate must be a self-starter who takes ownership of position and is resourceful
- Basic knowledge of Anne Arundel County and our distribution areas
- Preference will be given to candidates who are skilled in Adobe Photoshop and video editing.
- Ability to multi-task under deadlines and necessary time constraints in a fast-paced office environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work both individually and in a team environment
Please send cover letter and resume to editor Hayley Gable Bowerman at Hayley@arundelvoice.com.
Job Title: Outside Sales Representative
· Positive and team-orientated attitude with superior communication and presentation skills.
· Prior sales experience with demonstrated success in growing sales revenue. Prefer candidate to have a past advertising sales background that includes prospecting skills, conducting face-to-face meetings, and making sales presentations.
· Contact current clients to service and assist them with their advertising needs.
· “Hunter” instincts for finding and developing new clients with demonstrated past success.
· Time management and organizational skills to coordinate cold calls and scheduled appointments.
· Ability to meet and exceed multiple scheduled deadlines and due dates.
· Community involvement to include participation in various chamber of commerce activities and other local community events.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as SalesForce.com or other sales-management equivalent systems.
· Ability to work both independently and within a team in a high-paced, results-orientated environment.
· Serious inquires only. Please send resume to: Larry Sells, vice president, sales and development, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Staff Writer/Reporter (Full time)
The Voice newspaper is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual with well-rounded experience both in news reporting and feature writing.
This individual, who would report to the managing editor, would be responsible for general community story assignments for all Voice newspapers - consisting of the Severna Park Voice, Pasadena Voice and Arundel Voice. Preferred candidates will have experience in photography and page design (Adobe InDesign). This position is full-time and is based in our Arnold, Maryland, office.
- Developing and researching story ideas for print and web
- Covering 20-30 story assignments per month relating to community, local business, school/youth, arts/entertainment, lifestyle, health and political/government news
- At least 2-3 years of experience in news writing
- Four-year college degree in journalism, English, communications or related major
- Extreme attention to detail - writing accuracy, grammatical correctness, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Anne Arundel County and our distribution areas
- Passion for writing and storytelling
- Strong work ethic and enthusiastic, "can-do" attitude
- Ability to multitask under deadlines and necessary time constraints in a fast-paced office environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a "self-starter" who takes initiative and is resourceful
- Preference will be given to candidates who are skilled in photography and page design (Adobe InDesign/Photoshop)
Think you've got what it takes? Please submit cover letter, resume and 2-3 news writing samples to Hayley Gable Bowerman at Hayley@arundelvoice.com. Applicants who fail to submit all required items will not be considered.
Job Title: Inside Sales Assistant
• Base salary job, no commission
• Reports to Vice President, Sales & Development
- Positive, can-do team orientated attitude, with ability to multitask
- Superior communication skills with all internal departments
- Time management skills to coordinate both cold calls and schedule appointments
- Ability to meet and exceed multiple scheduled deadlines and due dates
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as SalesForce.com or other equivalent sales management (CRM) systems
- Ability to work independently and within a team in high-paced, results-orientated environment. Creative, engaging communicator, strong presentation skills, good listening skills, sales planning, self-motivated, excellent prospecting skills with a high energy level are skillsets we are looking for
- Coordinate all work activities and receive priorities and direction from the Vice President, Sales & Development
- SalesForce.com input and updates, new client set up, notes, activity updates
- Coordinate with account executives, ad schedules and notices to clients of upcoming ad deadlines and key events such as Health/Beauty & Home/Garden Guides, Camp Guides, Web, etc.
- Send ad proofs to clients and get ad approvals, coordinate activity with account executives and production team
- “Hunter” instincts for finding and developing new clients
- Assist with collection of accounts payable
- Attend sales meetings and company meetings when scheduled
- Contact current clients as directed to service/assist them with their advertising needs
- Business development activity in any downtime period to always be qualifying potential new clients
- Community involvement, including participation in various chamber of commerce activities and other local events
- Serious inquires only. Please send resume to: Larry Sells, vice president, sales and development, email@example.com.
Job Title: Freelance Writers/Photographers
Description: The Voice is always looking to add to our group of talented writers and photographers! If you’ve got the skill to write a news story, love the local community and want to be a part of it in a way you’ve never been before – send an email with your resume and 2-3 writing samples to Hayley@arundelvoice.com.
We’re also on the lookout for talented shutterbugs with a digital SLR to attend local events on assignment. Send an email with your resume and a link to your online photography portfolio to Hayley@arundelvoice.com.